In celebration of the 10th anniversary of the Triathlon we will be adding a Junior Triathlon (ages 5 to 15). The Junior Triathlon will include a 100M swim, 3.5 mile bike ride and a .75 mile run. The Junior Triathlon will follow along the same routes as the adult triathlon. The cost to register is only $25 and includes a free t-shirt. Talk your child today and encourage them to start a tradition of fun, health, and competition and join the Junior Triathlon.
The bike ride and run are on live city streets with protected intersections. Participants will be staged in heats based on 200-meter swim time. Please be as accurate as possible when reporting times. Age groups will be determined based on number of registrations. Awards will be given to the top three male and female finishers in each division. The first place team will also receive recognition.
- Bikers must wear an approved helmet during the bike portion of the event.
- No headphones will be permitted during the race.
- Bikes must have working brakes.
- No drafting will be permitted during the bike portion of the event.
- All events will begin and end at the McPherson Water Park, 511 N. Lakeside Drive.
- The 200-meter swim includes a serpentine swim in the McPherson Water Park pool.
- Bikers will follow a 7-mile route on live streets starting east on Euclid, North on Maxwell, east on Northview until 17th Avenue and then retrace back through west Lakeside Drive.
- Runners will follow a 2-mile route on live streets starting west on Simpson, south on Hartup, east on Euclid, north on Charles, east on Simpson, north on Eshelman, west on Sharp and then loop southwest through west Lakeside Drive.